I’ve been just informed about this foodie reality TV series that will be holding an open casting call this weekend. Here is some information.
About Recipe To Riches
This new original series offers ordinary Canadians with extraordinary recipes the opportunity to show off their unique culinary creations and vie for the once-in-a-lifetime chance to take their “Recipe” to “Riches.” The innovative series is set to air on the Food Network Canada and Global, and will be hosted by Jesse Palmer, football analyst for ESPN/ABC in the U.S. and for TSN in Canada.
- Open casting calls in Vancouver on Saturday, February 12, 2011
- 9am to 5pm at the the Hyatt Regency, 655 Burrard Street (downtown Vancouver)
- Vancouverites with extraordinary recipes
How does the show work?
- Canada’s culinary gourmands can enter their finest recipes in one of seven categories ranging from appetizer to entrées to desserts
- Canadians can vote online to determine the ultimate competition winner after watching on as participants compete within their gastronomic groups
What is the sweet prize for flavourful fare?
The opportunity to see Canada’s favourite recipes developed into President’s Choice products sold at select grocery stores across the country. The winners of each culinary category also battle it out to win the ultimate grand prize of $250,000 – the largest cash prize in Canadian reality show history.
Auditions will also be held in three other Canadian cities, including Halifax, Toronto, and Montreal.
For more information about the audition process, or to register for your audition, visit: www.recipetoriches.ca
If you decide to enter, I wish you the best of luck – make Vancouver proud!