We are only a few days away from Halloween, so we made some monster fingers to celebrate the occasion. We adapted from a recipe on beanpanda.com and made some changes. This is super easy to make and there are ways to involve your kids (or the kids in you)!
Monster Finger Recipe
- 50g Butter (Room Temperature)
- 2 tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 10g Whisked Egg (or Liquid Eggs)
- 90g Low Gluten Flour (Cake Flour)
- 20g Almond Powder
- 16 Raw Almond (Approximate)
- Pre-heat the oven to 350F
- Mix the butter and sugar in a mixing bowl; work it into the consistency of cornmeal
- Add in the egg and mix well
- Add the flour and almond powder to the mixture
- Divide the dough into 2-inch pieces. Mould them into the shape of a finger. Place a raw almond at one end of the cookie. Use the back of a knife to score marks on the cookies so they look like fingers.
- Bake on middle rack for around 20 minutes to slightly golden brown
This recipe makes approximately 16 cookies.
- These cookies are pretty similar to shortbread cookies, so if you have a killer shortbread recipe, feel free to use it!
- Get the kids to help! Ask them to help place the almonds on the cookie dough.
- The almonds may fall off the cookies! Press the almond further in to make sure it stays on.
- Make it more fun to eat! Dip this in chocolate sauce, Nutella, peanut butter, or spread some jam on it!
- An adult way to eat this? Pair it with a pumpkin ale!