I thought I would switch it up a little bit, instead of doing yet another review. Maybe you guys can relate. In no particular order:
- When eating leafy vegetables, like gai lan (Chinese vegetable) or even lettuce, I always pick the leafy part or the most green part. It tastes better.
- For pizza, I eat the crust first. Then I spin my pizza slice around and start eating the tip.
- I don’t eat french fries unless there’s ketchup. And when I squirt ketchup on brunch food, I like to squirt smiley faces on them.
- When I’m walking and eating, especially matcha soft serve ice cream from Konbinya, 80-90% of the time I get stopped by a stranger and asked where I got my food item from because I look like I’m really enjoying it. No, it’s not just in Vancouver, I’ve been stopped while I was on vacation too.
- If there’s a bag of chips, I purposely scour the entire bag for folded chips and eat them first. It’s even better when they’re folded twice.
- There’s an order for how I eat my breakfast. Toast first, then eggs, then potatoes, and then meat (which are usually sausages, I don’t like bacon).
- I take a long time to eat, but the meal that takes the longest is usually breakfast/brunch, then lunch, then dinner. If you’re out eating brunch with me, it takes me anywhere from half an hour to hour and a half to finish.
- I only like the tops of asparagus, the bottom stalk part is boring.
- When I drink soup, I like it scalding hot. If it doesn’t burn my mouth, I probably am not enjoying it. And yes, I know that doesn’t really make sense. But neither does your face.
- If you go into a restaurant and order a well done steak, I will probably walk out.
- I am appalled by the fact that some people don’t like broccoli. How do you not like broccoli?! I can’t seem to understand it.
- I think when people add avocados or guacamole to a sandwich, it automatically makes it fancy. It’s not just because I love avocados.
- There is one thing that helps clear up my skin. Eating grass jelly with condensed milk.
- If there are pickles in my burger, I tend to pick it out and eat them first before eating my burger.
- I used to be one of those kids who ate around my sandwich, as in eat all of the crust and then eat the middle part last.
- It disturbs me when people whip out a cheese string, then proceed to chomp on it, unpeeled. That’s not how you eat it.
- As much as I like to bake, I actually don’t have a sweet tooth. It actually takes me a whole day, if not two, to eat a full sized chocolate bar.
- My utensil preference is always a fork. No matter if I’m eating noodles or rice. The only times I use a spoon is when I’m drinking soup. My chopstick skills are at zero – and no, I don’t know how to hold them properly.
- Multigrain breads, crackers, cereals, etc. are fine. But I will not eat multigrain pasta, the texture is just way off for me.
- I facepalm when people make a smoothie with fresh fruits…then they dump in a cup of sugar.
Yes I know, that’s a really long list of habits. I’m sure there’s more I could list…but I think I’ll stop there. Next post will be back to a review, I promise. I’ll be doing some reviews on food carts in Portland soon, hopefully.