As you may all have heard, Dine Out Vancouver has been postponed to later in the Spring, April 26-May 6. While you start to wonder what to do to stop your food craving, a number of restaurants have put together some foodie events to help you get through this winter.
(Last update: Feb 1, 2010)
- Hamilton Street Grill’s New York Steak Special (Jan 5-Feb 4): The restaurant is offering 2-course New York Steak dinner for $20.10 per person.
- Blue Water Cafe’s Unsung Heroes Festival (Jan 6-31): Executive Chef Frank Pabst continues the tradition and introduces the 6th annual Unsung Heroes Festival, featuring species that are not over-fished, or not fished in a way that damages the marine life, or can be found in abundance.
- Dine Out Joe Fortes (Jan 7-24): Joe Fortes Seafood & Chop House is offering a three course menu for $34.95 per person. Its sister restaurant, Goldfish Pacific Kitchen, is also hosting Dine Out Goldfish – 2-course lunch for $14 per person or 3-course dinner for $35.
- Hart House’s Surf and Turf menu (starting Jan 7, not available Feb 12-14): The restaurant brings back its Surf and Turf menu for $38 per person.
- BoatHouse Restaurant’s Lobster Fest (now to mid-March): Every BoatHouse Restaurant is hosting its annual Lobster Fest. 3-course dinner for $35.99 or a la carte lobster dishes starting at $8.49.
- Irish Heather’s Long Table Series (Jan 11-Feb 11): Continuing from its success in 2009, the Irish Heather continues to offer its 2-course Long Table Series menu. New dish items have been added.
- glowbal grill steaks & satay’s re-opening celebration (Jan 12-31): To celebrate the newly rebranded glowbal grill steaks & satay, the restaurant is offering guests 50% off lunch entrees. (Thanks @laureent)
- YEW’s No Passport Required menu (now till Jan 31): The restaurant is offering a 3-course menu for $35, featuring flavours from the three Olympics cities, Montreal, Calgary and Vancouver. (Thanks Candy)
- Provence Marinaside’s Neighbourhood Favourites Menu (Jan 15-Feb 7): Provence is offering a $35 three-course menu filled with dishes that keep you coming back.
- The Main Event – East meets West (Jan 18-24): Main Street’s restaurants join together to offer you three-course menus for $25, $35 or $45. All restaurants will donate a percentage of their food receipts to The Greater Vancouver Food Bank.
- Bite of the Rock (Jan 20-Feb 9): Restaurants in White Rock are once again hosting the 4th annual “Bite of the Rock” event, offering customers 3-course menus at $15, $25 or $35. Menus will be available online starting Jan 15.
- Gold Medal Dining Menus (Jan 21-31): Kambolis’ Nu, Raincity Grill and C Restaurant are offering 3-course prix fixe dinner for $28 (Nu), $38 (C Restaurant) or $48 (Raincity Grill) per person.
Did I miss any events? Let me know by leaving a comment here and I will update the list as soon as I can.