Having a full-time job during the day and blogging in the evenings and on the weekends take up a lot of my time, but surprisingly I manage to find time to watch some TV as my stress relief. And to no surprise, most of the TV shows I watch are food related, including:
- Master Chef (currently on, and Team Christine right here!)
- Top Chef Canada (was rooting for Dale MacKay and Trevor Bird)
- Top Chef (the amateur version, Top Chef Masters doesn’t really appeal to me)
- The Next Iron Chef (the Super Chefs edition was awesome – Chef Geoffrey Zakarian was great!)
- The Next Food Network Star (although the winner tends to start with a crappy spot like late morning/mid-afternoon on a weekday)
- Chopped (didn’t like the Grill Masters edition)
- You Gotta Eat Here and Eat St. (to see the BC coverage)
- Diners, Drive-ins and Dives (love Guy Fieri!)
- World’s Weirdest Restaurants (chances are I won’t eat at those places myself, so it’s fun to watch about them!)
In addition, Mr. has introduced me to Anna & Kristina’s Grocery Bag. It used to be on the W Network, but now it’s on OWN Canada. I was actually surprised that not many people have heard of the show, because I thought it’s quite a unique idea: two amateur chefs (and they’re locally from BC!) testing cookbooks and kitchen products so we as audience know what to get/use for our own home cooking. I have watched numerous episodes from its past 3 seasons and was excited to learn that they are back for its 4th season.
And to make it even better, I was invited to the premiere screening of the 4th season of A&K’s Grocery Bag this past Tuesday.
Just as regular TV audience were watching the season premiere at home, we were at Catch 122 watching the commercial-free version of the episode.
We saw the Engagement Chicken in action, plus more from the same cookbook, 100 Recipes Every Woman Should Know, that A&K were testing on.
The first episode was quite funny, and it’s interesting that the guest judge was a former chef’testant on Top Chef, Fabio Viviani. Happy to see crossover of food shows. And the rest of the season should be quite good given that they are trying different things including cooking at Hawksworth for the chefs and its entire staff, food truck cooking, gluten-free diet and a trip to Morocco and Newfoundland.
Of course, I can’t leave the launch event without a picture with the Anna and Kristina! Mr. was jealous 🙂
Anna & Kristina’s Grocery Bag airs Tuesdays at 6pm PST on OWN Canada. This show is currently not available in the US.