Taste of Yaletown will be running for the 9th year from Oct 16 to Oct 27, 2013. A record 30 restaurants will offer featured menus, special tastings and innovative pairings to tempt the most adventurous foodie. With a fresh approach to fixed price, flexible menus of $25, $35 and $45, restaurants will offer any combination of food and drink or even special in-house events.
Also new this year is the introduction of lunch features. Select participating restaurants will also be offering a lunch menu and diners can hop on and off the FREE Yaletown Lunch Trolley running between Downtown Vancouver and Yaletown on Thursdays & Fridays (October 17, 18, 24 and 25). This will make a great option for a pre-weekend express lunch.
Here are some lunch break facts (or myths, you be the judge) that were provided to me in a media release:
- Just one in five employees take the traditional hour-long lunch break (well lucky them, my lunch break is only 30-minute long!), and the majority of workers take less than 30 minutes.
- Skipped lunch break time adds up to 16 extra full workdays per year.
- Desks and keyboards often harbour high levels of bacteria (sometimes even more than toilet seats) – why do we all insist on eating lunch at our desks?!
- Moving around during work hours helps prevent the onset of musculoskeletal disorders (from prolonged poor posture) and potentially deep vein thrombosis (DVT), which can be caused by long periods of sitting.
- Eating whilst continuing to check emails, etc. can lead to ‘mindless eating’ or over eating.
Click here to check out the list of participating restaurants and their respective menus. And here is the list of special events that take place during Taste of Yaletown.
For more information about Taste of Yaletown, visit the Yaletown BIA’s website.