Happy New Year! Can’t believe it’s already January 6, but that also means Dine Out Vancouver is returning next week!
Did you know that in addition to dining at 277 participating restaurants for a prix fixe menu at $18, $28 or $38, you can also buy tickets to a variety of culinary events over the 17-day period?
Here are some that caught my eyes:
- International Chef Exchange: You will feast on a delicious meal hosted by two vegetarian restaurants, Terre à Terre from Brighton, UK, and Vancouver’s The Parker.
- Food-tography: A Culinary Photography Tour: On this culinary tour of Railtown, tour participants will eat and sip their way through three local eateries while getting tips and lessons from a seasoned photography pro.
- Side Dishes – The Best of Hawksworth: Enjoy a three-course dinner prepared by Chef David Hawksworth and the team, with optional wine pairings to match.
- Street Food City IV: For seven days (!!), gather and feast on delicious food prepared by more than 20 of Vancouver’s food truck vendors.
- Feast on Film – Like Water for Chocolate: Guests will view the Mexican film Like Water for Chocolate, a film about the power of food and love, while enjoying a three-course meal, with VQA wine pairings, prepared by four emerging chefs from the Pacific Institute of Culinary Arts.
- Six Course Discourse: Join Follow Me Foodie’s Mijune Pak as she welcomes six Vancouver chefs, David Hawksworth, Pino Posteraro, Angus An, Robert Clark, Taryn Wa and Thomas Haas, to share what’s on their mind and their inspirations.
- Brunch Crawl – West End: Visit 7+ restaurants throughout the West End neighbourhood as you taste all sorts of dishes in this brunch crawl. This is one of the six Brunch Crawls presented by Vancouver Foodster.
Menus for the prix fixe dinners will be available on January 7. Are you looking for some inspirations or ideas? We’ve got lots of posts from previous years for you to “chew” on in the next 24 hours or so. Not knowing who’s on the list, here are some suggestions based on previous dining experience:
- Arms Reach Bistro
- Burnaby Riverway Clubhouse
- Edible Canada at the Market
- Miku Restaurant
- Oakwood Canadian Bistro
- The Observatory on Grouse Mountain
- Teahouse Restaurant
- YEW Restaurant
Menus will be available tomorrow, January 7. Have fun perusing the menus and good luck with making reservations (especially the popular ones!). Whatever you decide to do and wherever you’re going, have a great time!
For more information about Dine Out Vancouver, visit www.dineoutvancouver.com