We all have our favourite local food producers and restaurants and I think it’s time to show our support! There are two award programs happening right now:
We ♥ LocalAwards
For the third year, these people’s choice awards will highlight the most popular food and agriculture businesses and organizations across the province. Your participation will demonstrate your support of the local economy, spread the word about why local is better, and tell your favourites — in a very concrete way — how important they are to you and the community.
Anyone living in BC can nominate and vote for their favourites in the following 15 delicious categories:
- Favourite Farmers’ Market
- Favourite Store to Buy Local
- Favourite Local Meat or Poultry Supplier
- Favourite Local Seafood Supplier
- Favourite Local Cheese Maker
- Favourite Local Sweet Treat
- Favourite Local Advocate
- Favourite Local Winery
- Favourite Local Brewery
- Favourite Local Food Truck
- Favourite Local U-Pick Farm
- Favourite Local Orchard/Fruit Supplier
- Favourite Local Restaurant or Chef
- Favourite Local Florist or Nursery
- Favourite Local Greenhouse or Veggie Grower
How does We ♥ Local Awards work?
- Nominations open from August 17 to September 6
- Vote between September 7-12
- Top 5 category favourites quick-fire voting September 13-14
- Winners revealed on September 15
And you could be a potential winner, too! Nominating and voting for your local BC favourites also enters you into weekly draws for a chance to win one of five $100 gift cards to your local BC VQA store. Plus, you’ll be automatically entered in the Grand Prize draw for a three-night stay at Taku Resort and Marina along with your choice of a cooking course for two, valued at $1,800.
To nominate or to vote, visit www.weheartlocalawards.ca.
enRoute Magazine Canada’s Best New Restaurants 2015 People’s Choice Award
enRoute Magazine’s food panel has nominated 32 best new restaurants across the country. By voting for your favourite you will be entered for a chance to win a trip for two to the nominated restaurant of your choice, plus $500 spending money. Previous People’s Choice Award winners include:
In addition to the People’s Choice Award, the enRoute Magazine writer will shortlist their Top 10 in November. This shortlist is created based on anonymous visit from the enRoute writer. I can’t wait to see who make the Top 10 this year!
To learn more about these restaurants, and to vote for your favourite, visit eatandvote.com. Voting ends September 30, 2015