On Monday, the 2014 Vancouver International Wine Festival officially kicked off. I was at the launch party where the Executive Director, Harry Hertscheg, along with Mr. Jean-Christophe Fleury, Consul General of France in Vancouver, did the ceremonious countdown to the festival.
A count from “dix” to “un” and we’re off for some French wine and French-inspired canapes.
This year’s theme country is France with a global focus on Bubbly. At this party, the following French wines were served:
- Bubbles: Louis Bouillot “Perle d’Aurore” Cremant de Bourgogne Rose NV
- White: Simonnet Febvre Chablis 2012
- White: Ogier “Heritages” Cotes du Rhone Blanc 2011
- Red: Henry Fessy Julienas Cru du Beaujolais 2009
- Red: Boutinot “La Cote Sauvage” Cairanne Cote du Rhone Villages 2010
Mr. and I tend to prefer Old World wines so we are quite looking forward to this. We will be covering a couple of events this year. Will we see you there?