As part of Dine Out Vancouver 2014, Street Food City is returning for its 3rd year. Between January 22 and January 26, 23 food trucks will be gathered around the north side of Vancouver Art Gallery and serve some fantastic food truck goodness at this festival. This is probably the best and worst time to try out any food trucks: It’s the best because there are so many of them together at once; it’s the worst because it’s also attracting the most amount of people which means you will be faced with long line-ups at every truck.
Regardless, this is an event that I look forward to every year. Here are some of our favourites that will be participating this year:
- Aussie Pie: Great taste but small portion
- Mangal Kiss: Great lamb kebab and also co-workers’ favourite
- Mom’s Grilled Cheese: The meatloaf grilled cheese from 2 years ago is still very memorable
- Reef Runner: Embrace the mess and don’t forget to get the Johnny cakes
- Roaming Dragon: Asian truck that I actually enjoy
- Tacofino: Can’t go wrong with fish tacos
- Vij’s Railway Express: Maybe the more expensive truck but Vikram Vij is your guarantee to good quality food
And here is my wishlist for this year:
- Feastro: Heard good things about its tacos
- Le Tigre: Always want to try Clement Chan’s food. Another Asian food truck that I think I will like.
- Yolks: Breakfast food truck? Yes, please!
- Mogu: Heard great things about its chicken karaage
Hopefully I can make it to the Street Food City this year (my body is in the process of fixing itself). Otherwise, I’m looking to you to let me know how it goes!