Last week, we attended the launch event of the Steamworks bottled beer. Yes, you can now purchase Steamworks beer by the bottles and bring them home. At the event, we were each given a passport to taste 6 beer & food pairings, try them all and we would be eligible for door prizes.
Here are the food pairings:
- BBQ Pork Belly Bao Buns with Pale Ale
- West Coast Steamer Pot with Pilsner
- Gruyere Fritter with Wheat Ale
- Oysters and Pearls with Heroica Oatmeal Stout
- Pumpkin Steam Clouds with Pumpkin Ale
- Mini Ice Cream Cone with Frambozen (Raspberry Ale)
I found the stout pearls quite creative, maintaining the flavour of the stout while presenting it like caviar. So was the pumpkin steam cloud, which is frozen pumpkin whipped cream using liquid nitrogen. Overall the pairings were pretty good. Of the beers I tried, I liked the Wheat Ale, Pale Ale and the Stout.
Currently, only Pale Ale and Pilsner are available in bottles, but the plan is to also bottle the Wheat Ale and Frambozen.
Have to say, I really like the artwork on the packaging. They were designed by created by Laurie Millotte and Bernie Hadley-Beauregard of design and branding firm Brandever.
Here are some more pictures from the launch event: